- on workshops I have presented to parents
- on articles I have saved on the stages of childhood
- on things children have written or drawn
Here is a place I can start. Sharing things in my file cabinet! So I will start with one of my favorites: The Toddler's Creed. I don't remember where this came from but anyone who has been with toddlers can relate.
The Toddler's Creed
If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anyone else no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks like mine, it's mine.
1 comment:
nice! though i don't know *any* toddlers who are like that! mine are more like this:
twin 1: dear brother, are you using that toy? you are? ok, i'd be happy to wait until you're done.
twin 2: oh, no no no... you would like to play with this? please, take it - it's all yours.
;o)
Post a Comment