well, I am finally beginning my blog. I think I needed an event to push me forward and the news that I will soon be a grandmother wins the prize. All day today I have been musing about what I want to be called when the babies come. Yes, I said babies because we found out there are twins on the way. Fraternal twins. Our oldest daughter is pregnant with twins. You can follow her story on her blogspot: oneplustwoislove.blogspot.com.
anyway, more about that later, I am sure. But about my decision. I think I am choosing mem-mae. It is a variation on the French version:mem-mere which is what I called my grandmother when I was little except I never said it the way it is pronounced in Canada, instead I always said "mem-mae. Anyway, our children call their grandparents: gramma and grampa so I think I want to go back to how I remember my grandmother, as mem-mae.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment